- Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins
- Riot In Cell Block Number Nine - The Coasters
- Riot In Cell Block No. 9
- There's A Riot Goin' On Up In Cell Block #9
- Richard Berry (lead vocal/narrator)
- Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller
- Master Recorders (Los Angeles, CA)
Available on (*):
- 1954 45 rpm single (Spark 103)
- 1971 LP Their Greatest Recordings - The Early Years (Atco SD 33-371, fall, 1971)
- 1992 CD set 50 Coastin' Classics (Rhino R2 71090, November 24, 1992)
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
general information about The Robins
General type of music:
- rhythm & blues
- late 1955 (original group)
- Los Angeles, CA
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- Leiber & Stoller effected the end of the original Robins by asking two of the stars to be in their new group, The Coasters. The remaining Robins continued to record for a short time, but had no further hits.
- Since The Robins and The Coasters contained some of the same members, and the former in a way became the latter, records by The Robins have sometimes been released credited to The Coasters.
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.