- Christmas Cutup
- A Christmas Cut-Up
- A Christmas Cutup
- Christmas Cut-Up 2000
- Christmas Cut-Up 2002
- Christmas Cut-Up 2004
- Los Angeles, CA
- 1995 (1985 version only)
Available on (*):
- 1995-2000 cassette Cutting Up With Whimsical Will (re-released each year with additional track(s); 1985 version only)
- He has made four different break-ins under this title. The first one was done in 1985 using excerpts from the just-released Dr. Demento Presents The Greatest Novelty Records Of All Time 6-LP box set. This version is a reading of the poem "A Visit From St. Nicholas" (a/k/a "'Twas The Night Before Christmas"). For listings prior to 2000, the version is not indicated, since only the 1985 version existed.
- In 2000 he made a new Christmas Cut-Up, followed by another in 2002. The 2002 version uses excerpts from the Dr. Demento's 30th Anniversary Collection: Dementia 2000! 2-CD set.
- He made another new version in 2004. This one uses the phrase "Don't forget to stay demented!" as constructed from several different sources. The items used to construct that clip were the answer to Mystery Sound Bite #400 at Will's web site.
Also credited as:
- Billy Simpson
General type of music:
- William Simpson
- Los Angeles, CA
Also recorded with:
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- since 1986, has created a yearly break-in recording (a la Dickie Goodman) to honor one of the summer's biggest hit movies (although the first year he did the not so successful "Howard The Duck")
- took voice lessons from Daws Butler
- was a child voice actor in the animated "Star Trek" and "The Little Prince"
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.