- The Topical Song - The Barron Knights
- The Topical Song (The Logical Song) - The Barron Knights
- There Are Lines That Stretch Across The Land
- The Lines Are So Long
Available on (*):
- 1979 45 rpm single (Epic 9-50755)
- 1979 45 rpm single (Epic 7791; U.K. release)
- 1979 LP Teach The World To Laugh (Epic EPC 83891; U.K. release)
- 1996 CD The Dr. Demento Collection: The Late '70s (Time-Life Music R2-7174, late 1996)
- 2004 CD The Best Of The Barron Knights (Prestige, July 5, 2004; U.K. release)
- The Topical Song - Supertramp
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- gasoline prices
- 1979's long gas lines
- energy crisis
- British version and American version have significantly different lyrics. Lyrics were altered for American audience, i.e. "petrol" changed to "gas", "queue" changed to "line", etc. British version also features "gurgle gurgle" background voices and spoken part in middle not on American version. Unless otherwise specified, Dr. Demento plays the American version.
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- U.K. releases generally include the original song title in parentheses, while U.S. releases generally show only the parody title.
- #70 1979 (single)
- The Baron Knights
General type of music:
- "Barron" Anthony Osmond
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.