- The Existential Blues
- Existential Blues (Part 1)
- Exitential Blues
Available on (*):
- 1979 45 rpm single (Ransom Records C$$ 197, fall, 1979)
- 1985 LP Dr. Demento Presents The Greatest Novelty Records Of All Time Volume V: The 1980s (Rhino RNLP 824, plus RNBC 490 box set)
- 1991 CD set Dr. Demento 20th Anniversary Collection (Rhino R2 70743, May 21, 1991)
Topics (not including words that are part of the title):
- The Wizard Of Oz book/movie
- Due to copyright issues, the line "To dream the impossible dream" had to be edited out when Dr. Demento put this on a compilation in 1985. Subsequent releases are also missing this line.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Dr. Demento airings since November, 1985 have been the edited version.
- Tom also recorded a follow-up called "Existential Blues Pt. Too?"
interesting facts (click to see playlist of show on which fact was mentioned, if applicable):
- The original 45 has the following statement inscribed in the run-off groove: "This record does not exist."
- The song was written in 1977.
Also credited as:
- Tom Stankus
- Tom (T-Bone) Stankus
- Tom "T-Bone" Walker
New playlist search
* Note that it may be available on other releases or formats than are listed, and some releases listed may not be currently available. Generally the first release is listed, along with a commonly available release (for items that aren't out of print), and any Dr. Demento compilations on which it has appeared. Albums may be out of print in their original format but still available in another format. We suggest checking various online stores or the artist's web site (if applicable) to determine current availability.